For some people, it’s having a decent car, for others, it’s amazing clothes or a fantastic home. For me, any spare money goes on travel. It’s what keeps me inspired and happy.
Here are 10 ways, I believe travel feeds the soul.
- It broadens our horizons and helps us become more open-minded. We see new ways of living and it increases our understanding and empathy.
- We break out of comfort zones. In a new place, I’m much more willing to try new things and put myself out there than I am at home.
- Gain confidence. Travel involves lots of organisation and resourcefulness. It helps us recognise what we’re capable of.
- New places feed our creativity and help us feel inspired.
- It opens us up to new experiences and encourages us to learn new languages.
- We gain clarity and perspective. Our worries can seem much less important once you’ve taken a break from the routine.
- Grow in knowledge and learn about different cultures and history.
- Meet people from all walks of life. Travel is such a great leveller.
- Go on an adventure.
- Make memories to last a lifetime.