Wellbeing doesn’t have to be an expensive commitment. Here are some simple ideas, which are all totally free.
Five ways to boost your wellbeing
- Keep a gratitude diary. You can use your phone or scribble down on a piece of old paper. Take stock to think about what you are grateful for and bring in some positivity to your thought processes. It’s a small act but one that makes a big difference.
2. Check out some yoga on Youtube. There are countless yoga tutorials on Youtube with one of the most famous being Adriene Mishler. She has over 3.5 million subscribers and 400 videos on her Yoga with Adriene channel. Adriene creates tutorials appealing to everyone from complete beginners to the over 60s and those in a hurry. She’s very down-to-earth, encouraging and best of all her content is totally free.
3. Download a mindfulness / meditation App. There are a number of guided meditation Apps such as Headspace or Andrew Johnson which offer taster content free of charge. All you need to do is download on to your phone and listen to when you have time such as commuting to work.
4. Listen to an uplifting podcast. There are so many spiritual and soulful podcasts such as Oprah’s Supersoul Conversations, the Happiness Project and the Good Life. They all feature inspiring guests sharing life lessons and helping to give greater insights into our own.
5. Connect with nature. Go for a walk, sit in the garden/park, or even just look out of a window on to a green space. Just seeing nature has a positive impact on our wellbeing.