It’s coughs and cold season in the 365 days of wellbeing household so I decided to hang a bunch of eucalyptus in the shower. The steam releases the oils and makes making your bathroom smell like a spa. But did you know the eucalyptus herb has a number of physical and mental health benefits too?
Here are 10 reasons why you need the eucalyptus herb in your life
- Eucalyptus has antiviral, anticatarrhal and antibacterial properties. It helps you breathe easier and clears any mucus from your chest. It can be used to ease symptoms of sinusitis, colds, and cough
- It can be made into a salve for achy muscles. It acts as a pain relief and reduces inflammation. It can also be used for headaches by rubbing on the temples.
- The herb has natural disinfecting properties. It can be used for cleaning wounds as well as the home.
- It is a natural insect repellent. Eucalyptus essential oil can be diluted into a spray. The plants also keep away mosquitoes and can even be planted successfully in the UK.
- A 2014 study found eucalyptus essential oil had an impact on reducing anxiety and stress.
- It’s also said to open up a room that feels a bit closed or needs brightening.
- Eucalyptus helps us think clearer and brings about feelings of positivity and optimism.
- It rids us of trapped emotions and long term beliefs that no longer serve us.
- It’s also known as the ‘herb of protection’ helping to guard us from situations and people who may be harmful.
- The herb can be used as a tool for expanding your boundaries and moving forward confidently and without fear.
Plant power is mother nature at her best.