Did you know you can clean your home using completely natural ingredients? Despite, cleaning products being sold to us as the only way to eradicate germs and destroy bacteria, the reality is, we can clean our homes just as safely without the use of chemicals.
I have experimented with shop bought cleaning sprays, however, I have found them more expensive and when money’s been tight (hello, maternity leave), they have been the first thing to go. So, here is an easy, DIY natural cleaning spray made from just white vinegar and orange peel. It costs pennies, takes minutes and you just need to top up the bottle every time you run out.
Citrus fruits and white vinegar are easily available and have a number of great benefits. The peel from oranges or any citrus fruits is antibacterial and antimicrobial. This means it kills bacteria and mould. White vinegar is a disinfectant meaning it kills off viruses.
How to make a DIY natural cleaning spray
You will need:
- White vinegar (any brand)
- Orange or any citrus fruit peel
- A jar
- Spray bottle – I use an amber glass bottle and top it up but any old bottle will do.
- Peel the fruit and place in the jar
- Pour white vinegar up to top and seal jar with lid
- Leave for 2 weeks
- Drain out the fruit and pour into your spray bottle using a funnel.
- Dilute with water if using on more sensitive surfaces such as marble. Otherwise, spray away!